Another futuristic stunning concept car from BMW is yet to take center stage at the 2012 New York Auto Show. Following the popular BMW –i8 and i3, the automaker will showcase convertible looks of the i8, with the new BMW i8 Concept Spyder.
“Among the most eye-catching features of the BMW i8 Concept Spyder are the upward-swivelling, windowless doors and a range of purpose-oriented on-board equipment including electric kickboards stowed under a transparent tailgate,” BMW said in a statement. “The sports car is based around the innovative LifeDrive architecture, itself underpinned by a lightweight modular construction and the use of high-quality high-tech materials.”
BMW i8 Concept Spyder Specifications:
- Length/Height/Width: L 4480 mm, H 1208 mm, W 1922 mm
- Wheelbase: 2650 mm
- No. of seats: 2
- Kerb weight: 1630 kg
- Top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph) electr. governed
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (62 mph) 5 s 80-120 km/h (50-75 mph) 4.0 s
- System output TwinPower Turbo engine: 260 kW / 550 Nm 164 kW / 300 Nm
- Fuel consumption (EU cycle): 3 l/100km / 94 mpg imp
- output electric motor: 96 kW
- electric range: approx. 27-30 km (17 – 19 miles)
- battery charge time: standard: 1.45 h for 100% charge approx.
- Luggage compartment: 100 litres